|Governments, political parties and regulatory bodies||Informative and close involvement||• Concluded Netstabilitätsanlage (net stability) discussion in Germany and preparing implementation.
• Developed best practice consultation process to encourage a new and innovative approach that includes stakeholders and municipalities at an early stage.
• The latest grid concepts – where innovative DC-technologies and an artificial island are being considered - have been realized in close cooperation with Government and in alignment with stakeholders such as Industry, NGO's and others.
• The North Sea Wind Power Hub. consortium has been initiated and started with several studies and investigates relevant technical, economical, ecological and policy aspects.
• In 2017, the first international NGO meeting, where our CEO Mel Kroon was present, took place to kick off a joint fact finding process concerning the ecological aspects of large scale wind farms and an energy island.||• Ongoing work with relevant ministries on requirements for stakeholder management consultations for national environmental plan NOVI.
• Give local and regional authorities formal role in consultation processes that will see mid-term RCR approach phased out.
• Work on developing sustainable data platform
• Work with NGOs to achieve government ambitions on offshore wind energy.
• Build relationship with new governments in the Netherlands and Germany and provide detailed follow-up energy transition ambitions.
• Continue to position our views on Clean Energy Package (CEP) (ROCs, ACER recommendations etc.) with relevant stakeholders.|
|Local communities||Informative and close involvement on various projects
Local participation and interaction||• Proactive interaction with local communities and authorities for several cabling projects (110/150 kV) and substations, during planning phase and landscape planning.
• Proactive interaction on new offshore wind projects and new 380 kV overhead line projects
• Interaction online and offline on several initiatives with local communities, boosting our relationships in the region.
• As a pilot, monitoring the sentiments and topical issues for local communities in the Netherlands.
• In Germany, stakeholder activities regarding the two large DC cable projects (SuedLink, SuedOstlink) attracted most public attention.
• 80 official visitor groups in the Berlin Virtual Vision where Lex Hartman, Member of the Executive Board, conducted several tours.
• Stakeholder activities including bilateral talks with politicians, land owners and activist groups. Information markets and public consultations also necessary at different planning stages in most large AC projects.||• Online and offline monitoring of topical local community issues and sentiments.
• Measuring and monitoring stakeholder communication in standardised quantitative and/or qualitative measurement tools.|
|Media||Close involvement||• Positioned TenneT’s central role in the energy transition.
• Secured media understanding of our role as a key player in the development of offshore wind energy.
• Broad national and international media attention in the expansion of the North Sea Wind Power Hub consortium.||• Continue to position the vision on the North Sea Wind Power Hub.
• Share relevance and necessity of TenneT’s role in the digital transformation of the electricity grid.
• Strengthen image of TenneT as a frontrunner for citizen participation.
• Promote TenneT’s role in society, i.e. its CSR activities.|
|Customers||Informative, close involvement in various areas and contractual agreements||• Set up and executed pilots for Schaufenster Intelligente Energie (SINTEG) programme.
• Drove Intra-Day Congestion Management (IDCONS) concept, resulting in a test system running at ETPA and Stedin, and a design for a TenneT interface.
• Developed flexibility roadmap.
• Contributed to Republiq, an FRR blockchain project.
• Contributed to Flexnet study on future demand for and supply of flexibility.
• Prepared proposal for kW max tariff adaptation to remove cost barrier for flexible assets at times of low load.
• Participated in stakeholder panels during international balancing projects.
• Added functionalities to MyTenneT portal for service providers.||• Complete blockchain pilots; evaluate together with partners and then scale.
• Initiate internal priority actions identified in flexibility roadmap, focusing on enabling aggregator role.
• Ensure follow-up to lessons learned from current/recent ancillary services pilots.|
|Other European TSOs||Close involvement||• Focused on cooperation, while EU sentiment moved in a different direction, with more national focus.
• Election of Ben Voorhorst as new president of ENTSO-E.
• Cooperate with other TSOs in CORE and Hansa region.||• Actively seek further cooperation.|
|Suppliers||Market consultation, meetings and negotiations||• Managed tender for contracts for Wind op Zee within budget.
• Executed tender process for the German offshore cluster connection DolWin6 and new Wintrack overhead lines.
• Continued Safety Culture Ladder roll-out in a series of 16 workshops for 430 suppliers. All four pilots are now SCL-certified.||• Prepare and process further tenders for Dutch and German onshore and offshore wind integration projects.
• Strategically expand supplier base by introducing dedicated spend category management.|
|Non-governmental organisation (NGOs)||Informative, cooperative, consulting and involvement on project level||• Held September meeting in Berlin with NGOs on energy vision for 2050 and impact on the North Sea.
• Signed a contract with Limburgs Landschap for maintenance near our lines.
• Launched a bird hotline with other TSOs in Germany and German environmental protection agency NABU.||• Continue our constructive dialogue with NGOs and plan launch of structured approach for NGO consultation.|
|Employees||Close involvement||• Developed diversity policy.
• Designed corporate performance management concept.
• Achieved good employee survey results.
• Rolled out international and extended trainee programme.
• Strengthened talent pipeline for future team managers.
• Decided to negotiate new collective labour agreement for the Netherlands.||• Roll out diversity policy by executing and evaluating agreed initiatives.
• Execute leadership team’s new performance management concept.
• Evaluate and prepare introduction of new performance management concept for rest of organisation.
• Attract top talent to achieve our ambitious strategic project portfolio.
• Design, negotiate and implement new collective labour agreement.|
|Shareholders (Corporate and projects)||Close involvement||• Obtained shareholder approval for investments in several large onshore and offshore projects.
• Updated regularly and obtained shareholder approval when necessary.
• Concluded ongoing dialogue on equity financing.
• Arranged company and site visits, with our CEO Mel Kroon and our CFO Otto Jager present.||• Finalise discussion with Ministry of Finance on further increase of TenneT’s equity capital in short to medium term.
• Hold frequent meetings with equity investors.|
|Debt investors and rating agencies||Close involvement and contractual agreements||• Maintained our A-/ A3 credit rating and our top 25% industry-recognised CSR rating.
• Negotiated and arranged additional financing in banking and debt capital markets.
• Held annual roadshow.||• Negotiate and arrange additional financing in banking and debt capital markets.
• Manage financial risks and capital structure.
• Focus and expand CSR activities.|